[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:27:44 CET 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:34:21 +0100, Franz Koch wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one":

> Hi,
>
> > ok, i see the problems.
> > Then we should leave Shortcut and External Url as they are, without
> > renaming, so users are not confused.
> > btw External Url - should we include a target option?
>
> We could still provide a link-wizard for 'external url' like in RTE. I
> see no reason why not to do so, even if shortcut is not merged with it.
> And the wizard doesn't have to be stripped - meaning that it also can
> provide a tab for linking to internal pages. Then we also have a
> redirect-version for shortcuts (two flies with one clap).
> And I would suggest to find a better naming for 'external URL' - not
> every editor is that firm with terms to understand that (sad but
> unfortunately true).
> Maybe still 'redirect', 'link to foreign content' or just maybe 'custom
> hyperlink' . The terms 'internal' and 'external' are not the user
> friendliest either - even if they are correct - they have a bit to
> technical background.
>
> Shortcut could also be renamed if you think that it conflicts with the
> shortcut feature of BE - it's more a 'reference' then.
> Or just rename the 'shortcut' feature of the BE to something else - like
> 'favorites' (which they are).

Sorry for my note here.
I haven't followed the whole thread, so maybe someone mentioned it before:

I have seen some sites, where the pagetype external URL is used so it realy
is a shortcut.
But: It had to be external URL because the link should include additional/
modified URL-paramters which can't be provided with shortcut. (Or is it
possible and the site-owner and me doesn't know?)

Would it be possible to enable an additional field for these paramters so
that other parameters are added automativcally like it is now with
shortcuts?

Bernd
--
Don't ask what the TYPO3-community can do for you.
Ask what you can do for the TYPO3-community.