[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 9 11:57:19 CET 2007

"Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194590588.24965.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Agreed. Shortcut and ext URL are not the same. Not for the editor and not
>> technically.
>>
>> NOTE: a shortcut does not do a HTTP redirect! While some argue it should,
>> it just doesn't do.
>>
>> Anyway, I see no merit in merging them. They have a different feature set
>> (shortcut mode!) and two disticnt field types URL + scheme vs page id.
>
> agreed, sorry Benni - I was not completely convinced. Masi now outlined
> some more things we didn't think about...
>
> best
> Ingo
>
> --
> TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2

ok, i see the problems.
Then we should leave Shortcut and External Url as they are, without
renaming, so users are not confused.
btw External Url - should we include a target option?

So remaining would be
* get rid of "Not in Menu" and use the flag "hide in menu"
* merge Advance and Standard
* New "container page" where a good wording has to be found first.

I would suggest to do this 3 issues in 3 steps in this order, any comments
on that?

vg  Steffen