[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Nov 6 15:13:45 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
> "Tapio Markula" <tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1194335410.12115.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
>>> "Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:mailman.1.1194142003.4191.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> Hi Patrick,
>>>
>>> a new Icon for the "Container-Page" is needed, Advanced will not be used
>>> anymore, so no need for that icon.
>> The problem is that commonly also mount point pages takes content from
>> another page, but they must not do so. Endeed that page type is very
>> seldom used.
>> But detecting container page would cause huge quantity of extra processing
>> because needed to check downward - not simple reasonable at all. Somekind
>> of reference icon for the page, which refer to a container page can be
>> set.
>
> tapio, this feature exists since the beginning, it was (is) a field in the
> Advanced Page. The only idea is to take this feature, making a new doktype
> and display such pages with another icon, thats all.

But this field exists also using mount point pages. Setting new icon
should relate with certain values of the 'doktype' field and the field
"Show content from this page instead" has some value. Note that the
field works also using doktype '1' and "Not in menu" - you just can't
set it directly. The problem doesn't relate only with the doktype '2'.