[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Nov 6 08:49:50 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
> "Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1194142003.4191.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hello dear HCI aficionados,
>>
>> I was reading the Dev list and saw a proposition to create a new doktype
>> from "Advanced -> Show content from this page instead" to a new one with
>> almost just that feature.
>>
>> In typo3dev, the theread is: RFC: a new page type "internal page" / "page
>> container"
>>
>> It reminds me of my own Bug report I did 2 weeks ago:
>>
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6536
>>
>> Do we really need a different icon for Advanced ?
>>
>> Just wondering aloud.
>>
>> Patrick
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> a new Icon for the "Container-Page" is needed, Advanced will not be used
> anymore, so no need for that icon.

The problem is that commonly also mount point pages takes content from
another page, but they must not do so. Endeed that page type is very
seldom used.
But detecting container page would cause huge quantity of extra
processing because needed to check downward - not simple reasonable at
all. Somekind of reference icon for the page, which refer to a container
page can be set.