[TYPO3-hci] Design of the TYPO3 5.X UI

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed May 30 10:11:32 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer kirjoitti:
> Hello all together!
>
> As TYPO3 5.X will come nearer to us in the future, we should start to
> think about a new UI. We already have written down many ideas and
> proposals but there is in fact no skin that has gained the vote "yes" of
> a majority.
>
> In my opinion it is necessary to make a decission and focus on the
> actual skinning, so we can add features later on and can talk about hci
> problems and improvements. (we can't talk about something that doesn't
> exist..)

Many peole have regared skin_grey_2 better as default skin for Typo3 4.x
Skin_grey_2 as just a skin is just evaluation version of the original
skin_grey by Lasse Norrby.

With tm_shared_lib you can add alternative module menu
* tabbed top menu
* Kasper's 'topapps' as stand-alone version with some hooks to extend
it. Also proper plugin configuration available.

I would be delighted if you would look them.

BTW. Skin_grey_2 is the most downloaded alternative skin.