[TYPO3-hci] Design of the TYPO3 5.X UI

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Sun May 27 15:13:51 CEST 2007

Hello all together!

As TYPO3 5.X will come nearer to us in the future, we should start to
think about a new UI. We already have written down many ideas and
proposals but there is in fact no skin that has gained the vote "yes" of
a majority.

In my opinion it is necessary to make a decission and focus on the
actual skinning, so we can add features later on and can talk about hci
problems and improvements. (we can't talk about something that doesn't
exist..)

Therefore I wanted to know how many people currently want to help
designing the new UI for TYPO3 5.0 in terms of graphical design, not hci.

I would like to get those people into the t.t.t3skin mailinglist so we
can start our graphic programs and design a set of icons, toolbars and
so on to start. As soon as we have finished a first draft, it will go
back to the hci list and can be discussed and improved.. Afterwards
it'll go back to the skin mailinglist, etc.. Therefore feel free to join
the official TYPO3 Skin Team ;)

For all people who like to change the skin of the 4.X branch, feel free
to join the Skin Team aswell, as we're working in two major groups. 4.X
and 5.X.

So see you there ;)

Andreas