[TYPO3-hci] suggestion for be forms: inline secondary options

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 18 18:57:20 CEST 2007

Martin Ficzel wrote: on 18.05.2007 18:15:

> the v1 variant is defining a new template for the palette field with id
> and style attributes. it is toggeling the visibiliti of the table row
> (table-row/none) and so it does hide the complete table-row. the problem
> is that i do'nt know weather all browsers do support the
> display:table-row proeprly (ff and safari do).
>
> the v2 variant is using an extra div around the palette and is
> toggelimng display=none/block. really simple but it does'nt hide the
> whole surrounding table-row. instead of that it is hiding the content of
> the table row.
>
> i personally perfer solution 1(v1) because it saves some screen space if
> the palette is closed but tests with other browsers are still needed.

Ok, understood. I guess I would prefer v1 also, if this is really
supported on all browsers.

>> What I would love is to see some ajax-interaction with the server like I
>> layouted in my previous post. Storing the current state of every pallete
>> for every user so that a once open palette stays open for this user...
>> What do you think?

> well that will add a some complexity. i personally perfer the same
> interface for all users but it might be interesting to allow more
> ui-customizing for the users. in think about complete reordering of
> fields and palettes.

As Ingo Renner suggested, saving that information on form-submit would
be all we need, so no AJAX needed. We already have "two" flavors of the
UI already: *with* "enable secondary palettes" and without. But what I
miss is an intermediary way. Having that in place would make the "enable
secondary palettes" just "open" all secondary palettes that are
currently hidden (no need to reload the form for it!).

Cheers,
Ernesto