[TYPO3-hci] typoscript issues

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 7 17:23:42 CEST 2007

> Well.. I mean the opposite of case sensitive.. So that aTagParams
> does the same as AtAgSpArAmS... and so on.

It should be AtAgPaRaMs then, shouldn't it?
BTW: This would be case insensitive ... ;-)

SCNR

Of course this would be possible by implementing some strtolower(blah) in
the parser, but the problem is that almost everybody can create his own
TypoScript properties for extensions. Most of the developers don't convert
their properties to lowercase (or uppercase) before, because the coding
guidelines told them to stick to camelCase.

So IF you want to make TS case insensitive, you have to patch the core AND
all extensions to avoid additional confusion. If you just patch the core,
this will lead to even more confusion because people will expect TYPO3 as a
whole to ignore the case, including extensions.

So I maybe it would be wiser to have a spellchecker or kind of
autocorrection available to avoid problems with aTagParams instead of
ATagParams. If you don't have to take care of correct spelling, the need for
consistency will be much lower.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian