[TYPO3-hci] Element relation & integration Overview

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri May 4 11:58:56 CEST 2007

Hi!

Jens Hoffmann schrieb:
> Did you ever saw this Video?
Sure. I have seen most of the videos there and on channel 10.

> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=106356
> I mean the the Interface presented in the Middle of the Video.
It's a nice idea by Microsoft for an operating system based on a file
system and a "database" behind. However I don't see any usage of their
system for a CMS like TYPO3.

Firstly, it's not the same to have a system scanning your local computer
(as an app) and presenting the results dynamicly in an exe application
This dynamic timeline requires a fast CPU and a very fast connection to
the screen of the user so that he can access those files. They can do
it, because the user is actually at the same place where all the magic
happens. T3 doesn't have the possibility to operate on the clients
computer, it's about a web application. (Even if this is possible in the
future, the connection speed would be to slow)

Secondly, in T3 it's not about having a timeline about something,
because you don't want to organize your family live with T3. So it's not
about "I was in a zoo last month and want to find additional
information". This point is supported by the fact that most editors in
T3 don't have the access rights to all of those information. As a family
computer in their concept MS doesn't have the problem.

Their concept is redone very well in DAM I think. But the system I
propose tries to link all the different elements in T3 by criterias like
user usage, usage in other files, etc, based on allready done work like
documents etc.

I don't think that MS's concept would be a good decission for T3. But
what do you think about ;)

Andreas

P.S.: Another feature like this was introduced especially for T3 (afaik
by me) as a unified search (acting like Spotlight), coded by Kasper. If
it's about finding something before you want to create something, I
think this is the way to go..