[TYPO3-hci] closing down a usability project

Lene Nielsen ln.inf at cbs.dk
Tue Oct 10 18:42:56 CEST 2006

In August Rikke Ørngreen and I started a usability project and invited
team members from the hci mailinglist to participate. A handful of
people volunteered to begin a process of understanding who the end-users
were. Our aim was to be able to generate enough data to be able to
jointly create user descriptions or personas.
Recently Rikke and I met with Kasper and we discussed the work done in
the group until now. (You can see the work on www.hci-cbs.dk/moodle if
you log in as guests). The group has contributed with data and we find
that there is valuable information on the Moodle site, only too little
of it. We know that you are all very busy which makes the data gathering
approach we until now have followed difficult.
This made us decide upon a new approach. We have decided to close the
moodle site and instead a student of ours has volunteered to do
usability tests of the forthcoming prototype of ver. 4.5. From the work
on the Moodle site it will be possible to extract tasks and create test
scenarios for users to perform in the test. We hope to be able to
perform the same test in US and Germany. The results of the tests will
be published on the HCI mailinglist.
Rikke and Lene

--
Lene Nielsen