[TYPO3-hci] colors in new skin (t3skin)

Valery Romanchev romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Wed May 31 17:08:30 CEST 2006

> > I uninstall this new skin on every TYPO3 installation that I made.
> > Old BackEnd is a bit outdated in design, but it is usable. New skin
> > IMHO absolutly not usable.
>
> This is where I don't get the point.
> You are complaining about the new skin with the _grey_ background being to
> bright, while the old skin with a _white_ background is not?!

I am sorry, it is difficult to explain with my English.
I can give example: if you have a picture with the sky and the sun.
Sun will be #FFFFFF, sky will be grey that go to #FFFFFF smoothly.
This sun on the pictire can can easyly brake you eyes when you look at this
picture (this is effect of contrast I think).
The same effect we have with new BackEnd skin.

> BTW: The background color is not really grey but a "blue-ish white" and
this
> might be the problem.
> It's the same effect you get with the front lights of modern cars, that
> always look as if they had much more power than the old ones.
> In fact the light's temperature is just closer to 9300K, which means more
> blue.

May be you are right ( I do not know this desing/colors staff)

> But you are right, when you say it's no good way of working with
backgrounds
> being too bright.
> This is why I don't like both of them, old _and_ new skin.

> I suggest something else:
> Place a some color pickers somewhere in the user setup so that you can
> change the colors however you like.

Goog idea. This will be ideal solution, but this will reqre more job from
developers of skin.

Valery
www.typo3lab.com