[TYPO3-hci] colors in new skin (t3skin)

Valery Romanchev romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Wed May 31 16:28:35 CEST 2006

"Daniel Pötzinger" <operation-lan at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1149065385.11881.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Valery Romanchev wrote:
> > Hello
> > We have some discussons in russian typo3 group about new skin:
> > many persons consider it as "awful for eye", because it is too  bright
> > light.
>
> Could you be more specific?
>
> The bgcolor is grey and light enough for a good contrast I think?

Yes.
Grey bgcolor do not produce  good contrast.
And this grey color produce an effect of  "tied eyes" after some hours of
work with TYPO3 BackEnd.
I do not understand why other peoples do not see this.
May be this grey color is good on LCD monitor? (I use CRT monitor)

I uninstall this new skin on every TYPO3 installation that I made.
Old BackEnd is a bit outdated in design, but it is usable. New skin IMHO
absolutly not usable.

This question will be maijor, if old skin will not be supported in 4.5 and
5.0.
So I sugest at least  support  old skin in future,
if for some reason it is not possible to make new skin comfortable for eyes.

Thank you
Valery Romanchev
www.typo3lab.com