[TYPO3-hci] Drag and Drop

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 30 11:46:14 CEST 2006

>> Well, it has a few bugs i think. Sometimes you can't move the
>> contents in an other column. The content is just not moving then..
>
> Bugs are to be resolved :-)
>
>> But i think too, it should be included into the core.
>
> Yes. I mean the spirit of it. I don't think the current code will
> survive the 4.5 refactoring ;-)

> I would rather prefer not to include the extension into the core.
> Keep the core as small as possible.
>
> Personally I don't like the drag'n'drop feature. One reason is, some
> of my clients don't use a mouse but a pen tablet as pointing device.
> I really don't like it to sort pages over and over again, because
> someone moved a page by misspointing and dragging by accident.
>
> So in conclusion I would rather prefer a small (fast) Typo3 code over
> a drag'n'drop feature, which I disable anyways.

So why not put it into the Core but not into the "streamlined admin setup"
role that you can enable with just one click?
Others could click on "feature packed admin setup" and get the drag and drop
feature.
And some of them might even klick on "userdefined admin setup" and
enable/disable the features at will.

+1
    from me for putting drag and drop into the core
-1
    for enabling it by default

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian