[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Mon May 29 12:45:32 CEST 2006

> Irene Höppner schrieb:
>>> I really don't get it why everybody thinks TYPO3 must be that easy ...
>>
>> I think, there are two reasons:
>>
>> 1. ppl think, it's for free (and afterwards realize that they need to
>> consume a lot of time which makes it not that much "for free" anymore).
>>
>> 2. It's "only" web development. And HTML is easy (which is not true,
>> considering difficult layouts and different browser...). So Typo3 must
>> be easy, too.
>
> The point is that even for people who experienced web developers it is
> impossible to set up a TYPO3 site the way they want without learning
> huge amounts of TYPO3 specific stuff first.

I know an experienced red dot-Developer who set up his company site in
Typo3 within two weeks (besides other projects) and he had just one
question that could be answered with "have a look at option split".
Imho there can be a huge difference between "experienced web developers"
(being perfect in Dreamweaver or similar, javascript, maybe have some
php-experience) and "experienced cms-developers" or "experienced
standard-software developers".

I really agree that usability even for administrators can be increased in
many places. But if someone wants to change his website from table to
div-layout, starts with this in the evening and doesn't finish it the same
day (or night), he should not complain about the "evil typoscript" because
in fact he has a problem with "very bad project management".

greets: Irene

--
Irene Höppner
A.BE.ZET GmbH