[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Wed May 24 15:40:59 CEST 2006

Hi Irene,
> Another day reading through the TSref from the beginning to the end: Oh,
> there is a property for configuration of the doctype. Keep that in mind.
> Oh, there is property to switch the doctype. That could be interesting for
> the IE. Keep that in mind. Oh, there is a property for.....

Why? Why isn´t it a default that i set up my template from the very
beginning to the bottom? Why "thinks" typo3 for me too much?
Why do i have to *disable* things to get my stuff to work properly?
You´re right its about understanding what other people thought but on
the other
 hand i just don´t want to understand that an "open" framework adds a
doctype by default?

Its ok to have such options in a powerful cms - but its not ok to force
you to go through settings that are not obvious at all.

- Johannes