[TYPO3-hci] OT answer

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 19:08:32 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> I do work ... for an specific amount of time ... I want to get money which is equal to the
> amount of time I invested. After this amount of money has been paid (By one single company
> or three smaller doesn't care) I put the extensions into TER.
>
> So I do not want to earn money with something one time created and then thousand times copied.
> (Like it is usual in the "normal" software world).
>
> The drawback is that some companies feel not very well with paying money while others get
> the same product later for free ....
> But this does not relate to all companies ... Some are very open-minded to open-source and respect
> that it can only work if "someone" pays for the work ...
>
> It should be clear to every company that if they pay for some special extension that they already got
> a full featured CMS and many "free" extensions "BEFORE" without paying for it ...
>
> In my opinion it is not clear to some bosses that what they use for free has been paid by someone at
> some time before ... and that it is their turn now to invest something to improve the overall product.
I agree.

> PS: Jean, I know your name since a long time from the mailinglists and trust you somehow ... and if you
> gurantee me that you will not publish the extension anywhere (put it in TER) I have no problems sending
> it to you at all ... presumed you use it for non-commercial sites.
Thanks for your trust. I respect your job and have some of your
extensions installed for my sites. They help everybody in the team (the
famous "kb_" prefix is a label of quality ;) ). For the moment, the
sites can live without it, but your offer is really kind :)
I have no commercial sites, only video games players community sites.

> PPS: I'm sure you have another "normal" Job ... as noone can live from a hobby ...

Even if in France, you may live without a normal job, with the national
help program, it's not my case :p I'm a senior consultant in information
systems for laboratories and pharmaceutical industry. Far, very far from
Typo3 even it's computer business ;)

Regards,

JB