[TYPO3-hci] Desktop application look and feel

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri May 19 00:01:25 CEST 2006

Just an idea.

For all of us, who like working on high resolution screens or maybe on
workstations with dual or triple screens, it could be a real improvement of
usability, if we could have a look and feel like real desktop applications.

Take i.e. Photoshop, where you can drag different toolboxes out of the
working area and place them wherever you like on the desktop to free up lots
of additional space for the element you are currently working on.

Take a look at this example:
http://www.4any1.de/fileadmin/desktop_app_look.gif
of course the current layout is not properly configured to show the real
advantages but I think you can imagine what I've got in mind.

Since many people on different lists are already talking about JavaScript
and AJAX technologies, it could be possible to "connect" these windows to
interact like the current backend does.

What do you think?

Joey