[TYPO3-hci] Producing "reports" with TYPO3

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu May 18 20:56:45 CEST 2006

Lucas Thurston wrote:

> Say for instance we have a TYPO3 site with a conference registration
> extension.  Only registered fe users can register for conferences, so
> there's a database relation between the registrants and the fe_users
> table.  Imagine if, in the list module, certain fields from the fe_users
> (eg name, phone, email) table could be JOINed on the registrants table,
> then, using the CSV export feature that already exists, the site admin
> could produce a spreadsheet document of registrants.  This is a simple
> example--three or more tables ideally could be JOINed.

I have such an extension ready :)

It generates a CSV out of the results ... but could be anything else...

To define "what" you want to export you have to set up a "Export preset"
record in which you define which tables shall get joined how ...

A few screen-shot to demonstrate it :

The tables you are joining:
http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/csv_export1.png
(For this project the customer had a really strange requirement for the CSV so I had to
join the same table multiple times - database is in 2nd normal-form - normalized- CSV was
not)

The "Criterias" and "ON parts" (Where part of the query and "ON" parts left joins) ...
http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/csv_export2.png

The fields which you finally will find in the output:
http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/csv_export3.png

> Anyone have any thoughts on this?  How difficult would be it be to
> implement?  Does this fall into the realm of improving HCI?

Who needs toughts when you have solutions :) ... no just joking ... everything can get
improved.

I think the sense of this Newsgroup is not to tell:
"Hi, I'm TypoFirstname TypoLastname and would require such an extension: DESCRIPTION"

But rather a discussion on how "Usability" could get improved ...

I would sort your request rather into the category: Feature request ... instead of "Usability request".

PS: If you are interested in this extension contact me offlist ....

greets,
Bernhard