[TYPO3-hci] TS editor

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu May 18 12:13:39 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I dream about TS editor that looks like Java (and to some extent PHP)
> editor in Eclipse: syntax highlighting, autocomplete, syntax check,
> suggestions. But I afraid this is not possible without involving Java,
> which will make TS editor very heavy.

Don't you think this would be a nice job for "rtehtmlarea" ... Just a few
tweaks which are already possible so it behaves like a text-area ... remove
all "Markup" buttons and rather add TS-specific buttons ...

Yesterday in the night when I read your mail I started to dig a little bit
into RTEhtmlarea to see If it can get used for such a thing ... It looked
quite good.

Of course Stanislas who is responsible for rtehtmlarea would have to implement
most parts of this ... But the TS-Syntax Checker/Parser in Javascript which is
required for that could come from me to keep a big part of of Stanislas.

greets,
Bernhard