[TYPO3-hci] Focus on the editors.

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Wed May 17 20:39:03 CEST 2006

Troels Kjær Rasmussen skrev:
> An important step, besides complying to the technical classifications, in
> order for typo3 to enter the ECM sphere is to improve the usability
> experience for editors dramtically.
>
> - A far more "out of the box" differentiated BE and FE-editing interface. -
> maybe we should take a look at the many different roles/abbilities editors
> have in an ECM. - maybe the newseditors, newsletter-editors a.s.o. shouldn´t
> be looking at the same interface as the admin/advanced BE users and content
> editors?

Talking about roles.
I made a pretty unknown extension called roles to solve the problem that
editors with several tasks (newseditors, newsletter-editors, calendar
editors and so on), had too many options at a time.
So the roles extension is a drop-down menu of the different roles
(BE-groups) which are assigned to that user.
When he selects a role, the BE i 'reset' and displaying the BE as if
only this role(BE-group) was assigned to the user.
This means that he will only see the part of the page-tree which has to
do with that particular role. And he will not be able to create calendar
items when he has selected News role.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/roles/1.0.1/view/1/1/

/Stig