[TYPO3-hci] standard content elements, page module

Peter Luser peter at typoheads.at
Wed May 17 10:47:38 CEST 2006

Hi Peter!

> Another possibility will be to concentrate more on fe-editing. There you
> got the real layout.
that's true.
but there are some advantages of BE-editing you don't have in FE-editing -
so i don't think we can make it without the page module using FE-editing
only.

about your suggestion of "TemplaVoila BE-Layout":
i'm not sure if we would need an automatism to map the BE-page-template
with a wizard like in TV.
talking now as programmer i'm used to make FE-templates having markers.
i'd be easy to create another template for the BE with column markers in
it. this shouldn't have any design elements - only the grid (table or css
based).
makers for the columns could look like this: ###_[column-ID]###

connecting this BE-template with the template selector should be the next
step:
a page template selector item consists of:
.html (= the FE-template)
.gif (= the icon for the BE)

here we could simply add a
.htmlb (= the BE-template)
so that the BE-page layout switches automatically with the FE-template.

even better:
an auto-detection analyses the BE-template and finds out which columns are
used -> this is not needed anymore:
mod.SHARED.colPos_list =  1,0,2,3

cool thing, eh? :)

ciao,peter