[TYPO3-hci] self announcement

Kay Märthesheimer km at bronx24a.de
Tue May 16 19:00:13 CEST 2006

Hallo to everybody in the list.

Like Kasper asked us to, i would like to introduce my self to the
members of the list. I'm pretty much interested in contributing my ideas
concerning interfacedesign and usability to the project. Unfortunatly my
english language extension doesnt work very well - sorry for that.

During the 14 past month i worked for the University of Applied
Sciences, Mainz/Germany. Together with my Professor Tjark Ihmels we
developed the redesign of the website of your school and the
implementation with typo3. You can see the result on
http://www.fh-mainz.de - still a work in progress. Irene Höpptner, who
some of you might know, helped us a lot to come across the biggest pitfalls.

During the workshops I made to train about 200 employees in
understanding and using a CMS I learned a lot how people (who are not in
love with computers and internet) "work" with typo3. I think that
"interfacedesign" might help a lot in some of these cases.

I 've studied media-design and arts in mainz and still live there. I
spend my days - and too often the nights in front of a computerscreen in
  a design-office, which i opend with to friends early this year.

If somebody is interested, I would like to present our backend
extensions where we established two new special page-types - we called
"role" and "tray". These elements are useful when you like publish the
same article in a lot of places in your website (sometimes redundancy
could be useful!) and without making the backend-user think about it.

Greeting from Mainz.
Yours Kay

------------------------------
Kay Märthesheimer, Dipl.Des.(FH)