[TYPO3-hci] Link Management à la Dreamweaver

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue May 16 17:04:17 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:

> Michael, who has no idea about how much JS wizardry is needed for any of
> those solutions

First of all I do not know if it possible to drag elements around between different
frames.

I have an extension in development which replaces the frameset of alt_main.php by
iframes so you have one single "workarea" in which you can draw DHTML content (which
dragged icons are)

Most probably such a change would also be required for this feature to get it to work. I
didn't notice and problems relating the switch to iframes until now ... altough I did
quite a little bit of "work-around hacking" for getting it to work properly and not
having to touch any core files.

But I know some IE-configurations in companies are forbidding <iframes> ... but I think
we should make the same decision as with JavaScript and sipmly state: It's required.

(If you are interested what this extension is about have a look at :
http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/kb_assist.png )

greets,
Bernhard