[TYPO3-hci] Focus on the editors.

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troelsr at msn.com
Tue May 16 16:37:51 CEST 2006

An important step, besides complying to the technical classifications, in
order for typo3 to enter the ECM sphere is to improve the usability
experience for editors dramtically.

My suggestions for a few key issues, which could be addressed in that
regard.

- Improvements in the workflow-system - by this I mean a more intuative
approach to both workflows and workspaces.

- A well developed dashboard (current Task Center) from where 90% or more of
daily maintenance tasks (adding news, uploading documents, editing contents)
could be accomplished. With a far more graphical and paedagogical approach
than current state.

- A far more "out of the box" differentiated BE and FE-editing interface. -
maybe we should take a look at the many different roles/abbilities editors
have in an ECM. - maybe the newseditors, newsletter-editors a.s.o. shouldn´t
be looking at the same interface as the admin/advanced BE users and content
editors?

Just a few of the top of my head comments...

regards Troels

--

Med venlig hilsen

Troels Kjær Rasmussen
LinkFactory | + 45 70 22 23 22
troels at linkfactory.dk

TYPO3 Open Source CMS - Enterprise CMS uden licensomkostninger, læs mere på
www.linkfactory.dk