[TYPO3-hci] backend interface

Allan Vestergaard usenet at avz.dk
Sun Jun 25 14:17:37 CEST 2006

The first time I started testing TYPO3 I had trouble figuring the BE user.
TYPO3 is powerfull and you can give the BE-user access to elements on every
level.
But for the most this is just too much.

I my self had trouble getting BE-users to actually edit pages.
The BE-user had access to all the pages in the pagetree (according to the
access-module), I even ended up giving everybody full access to all pages.
At last I gave up. A year after I found some time to look closer at TYPO3
and i discovered that the BE-user also must have access to modify the
specific tables (page, pagecontent).

Mayby an administration-module will help, or maybe TYPO3 could have 2 leves
of security (Standard/advanced), or maybe.....

"Jens Wolters" <shocktone at gmx.de> skrev i en meddelelse
news:mailman.3268.1148376351.14535.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
Hi guys,

When developing websites with typo3 Im really fast with TV and the whole
Template concept.
What really costs a lot of time is to customize the Backend. Most users don't
need all the features of the standard typo3 BE.
Configuring the whole thing with TS is just to time consuming und confusing.
So most of the time I leave way more features turned on than necessary.

I have the dream of a solution like this.
If logged in as an admin. You have a Button like "configure Backend panel
for usergroup x (dropdown)  ". If you click this button you have a little
check box next to each BE element (I don't mean content)
You just check which elements you need or don't need. The order of elements
can be changed with simple drag and drop functionality.

I don't know if this is possible at all. So Im really curious about your
comments.

Greetings Jens