[TYPO3-hci] "Places Containing TypoScript" (PCT) / Naming

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jun 22 20:00:57 CEST 2006

Martin Ficzel schrieb am 22.06.2006 19:09:

>> I have added some comments on this wiki. Please keep up this discussion!
>>
>> -marion
>
> please drop the names "BE-typoscript" and call it "BE-configuration"
> instead because it is a configuration language and without pointing that
> out many new users will be disappointed because of the strange
> "scripting language".
>
> maybe something  like  "FE-configuration (typoscript)" is better.

Hi,

I looked in the Wiki, and I think its a great idea and good start. Some
ideas (would do that myself, but I don't feel that involved here yet) :)

- just keep the "latest revision" on that page. Wiki itself has a
versioning system, so you don't need to duplicated content and create a
"revisited version". Just overwrite the old version

- don't use a table as those are more difficult to adapt and edit in the
wiki. Just a list.

- group things by "location" or "category" instead of having that info
on each item

- define the "location" more precisely, if its a TS configuration
parameter or if its a label/name of an item, because the first group is
not just a cosmetical change.

Cheers,
Ernesto