[TYPO3-hci] Slightly OT: Is the current 4.5 Roadmap wrong?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Jun 16 21:09:35 CEST 2006

Hi Kasper and Phillip,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> I largely agree with your analysis of the situation. However, while
> developing version 5.0 we need to do something about version 4.5.

I agree. The process of developing 5.0 will take too long as to
completely skip 4.5. Of course radical changes like switching to a
backend that no longer relies on frames (if that is what usability
experts suggest) would have to wait for 5.0, but we need at least some
sort of 4.5 release to bridge the time to 5.0. Given the enormous amount
of TYPO3 users today such that would be worth it anyway. We just need to
make sure that the 4.5 development doesn't stop the 5.0 effort, but
instead continues concurrently. IMHO the TYPO3 community is big enough
to enable such a parallel development effort.

cheers
Ingmar