[TYPO3-hci] The Constant Triptichon

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 16 04:26:52 CEST 2006

> Its not front end editing I was alluding to - more the setting up and
> configuration of the templates and content areas themselves.  If the
> backend truly reflected the front end i probably wouldnt get comments
> from users of websites i have built in typo3 like - "how come the
> stuff that goes in the footer has to be put in the 'border' area."

So you should just rename this column to "footer" which is already possible.
You can even add more columns easily and give all your columns the label of
your choice, since a "column" is just a combination of a number in the DB
field "colPos" of the table "tt_content" and the corresponding language
label for this number.
If you are too lazy to find out how this can be done you will find an
extension in the TER that does this job for you.

We have lots of recipes concerning things like that in the TYPO3 cookbook.
Hopefully it will be translated from German to English soon.
These recipes show that the usability is already there but sometimes just
not known to the adminstrators and therefor never available to the editors.

Maybe we should discuss, which features should be enabled by default, that
are currently more or less hidden.
And we should discuss how we can make the administrators aware of those
features, if they are not enabled by default.
A "Backend Usability Features" Tutorial could help here.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de