[TYPO3-hci] Innovation?

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Thu Jun 15 15:34:16 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>

>> Imagine that you can edit your TS-template with your regular Windows
>> text editor and just save it through WebDAV to your TYPO3-site and TYPO3
>> will take care to store it in the database at the correct position,
>> updating tstamp, clear FE-caches, etc.
>

> In essence you want access between TYPO3 interals (DB) via an external
> protocal (in this case WebDAV, but could be FTP as well!).
>
>> Imagine you copying photos between your local folder and a WebDAV folder
>> and the photo is automatically indexed in DAM because TYPO3 will handle
>> the upload?
>

> Fine.
>
> I guess I'd try to enhance Apaches module with TYPO3 specific hooks ;-)
>
> But this is my old dream: an TYPO3-aware Apache.

this is what I found some months ago, but Apache Hooks aren't stable and
won't be developed further. So this would be really really great but is
definitely not stable. So if we want to control the WebDAV access with
TYPO3 (and everything else doesn't make sense as the apache module would
only allow basic file handling and not those really cool features that
could be implemented in the future) we need a php WebDAV server. And
this is what the library I was talking about should be.

>> I think there are great possibilities here if TYPO3 itself would handle
>> WebDAV requests. Its not very much that TYPO3 has to do to be a "WebDAV"
>> server: It just has to handle two HTTP commands: "GET /webdav/..." and
>> "PUT /webdav/...".
>

> Doesn't look like WebDAV to me. There are lots of commands a WebDAV
> server must/may (?) support (PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, HEAD, DELETE,
> COPY, MOVE, LOCK, UNLOCK).
>
> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV (RFCs are on the bottom).

yes, there are many commands an fully RFC conform WebDAV server must
implement, but there are also some stages of conformity. So starting
with simple filehandling would be a first stage WebDAV server that can
be extended in the future with all those features that are theoretically
possible.

> Doesn't look so easy to me.

No, easy is nothing, but impossible is nothing, too ;-)

> Are there any PHP implementations that
> support some kind of triggers for certain URLs (like <Directory> etc of
> Apache)?

What do you mean by that? What do you want to trigger?

Greets

Andreas