[TYPO3-hci] Remote Usability Testing

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Jun 9 15:50:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> Following up on Andreas Balzers suggestion to use UltraVNC:
[...]
> Conclusion: Remote usability tests using skype (conversation) and VNC
> technology like UltraVNC SC (screen capture) is highly potential if only
> the mouse movements from the VNC server (where the test person sits) is
> transmitted. Is that possible at all?

I'd expect the test person be sitting in front of a VNC Client (not
server), since server-setup is far harder than client-setup.

I don't know about the ultraVNC implementation as I've used realVNC on
windows up to now. In my VNC sessions mouse/keyboard is always
synched/visible on both sides (server and client), while accepting input
/control (mouse/keyboard) is configurable.

This should not be any problem, maybe you want to give realvnc a chance/try?

Greets,
Peter

P.S.: My only problems with using vnc are about different
screen-resolutions and multihead-setups. But that's only a matter in
everdays work, should be no problem for explicit remote-sessions.
--
Peter Niederlag
http://www.typo3partner.net * professional services network *