[TYPO3-hci] Documenting Typoscript

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Fri Jun 9 12:14:29 CEST 2006

> It's of very little importance /why/ the items are sorted
> non-alphabetically. The result is a severe impediment to usability for
> developers.

hmmmm... I don't believe, that sorting gives an additional information
that is suitable for most people in this case. To find what you need in an
alphabetical list, you have to know at least, with what letter a word
begins. That means you have to know, if the property for example is called
maxHeight or heightMax. So, if you don't know anything, alphabetical
ordering won't help. If you know something you can use the search field of
your browser.

For stdWrap it is pretty important to leave the sorting as it is, because
the functionality depends on it as JoH mentioned. I don't know, if it's in
other tables the same.

However, I would rather have the properties sorted as they belong together
and as JoH mentioned by importance. For the TEMPLATE-Object for example it
would be nice to have a sorting like this: template, workOnSubpart,
subparts, marks, ...

greets: Irene

--
Irene Höppner