[TYPO3-hci] Online-Survey

Susanne Moog mail at susi-moog.de
Thu Jun 8 22:22:52 CEST 2006

Peter Kindström schrieb:

> Hi, Sebastian
>> What do you think of a survey?
>
> Great, but I guess the survey will mostly show what developers think of
> Typo3...
>
> How do we reach the "real" users: the editors and administrators that
> are not developers and have no/little PHP knowledge?
> I think that target group is very important to reach...

I am one of those "real" users, as you defined them. I am an
administrator (with nearly no PHP knowledge) and just stumbled over this
list.

I think you can get people like me through the everyday support
questions. The english and german mailinlist as well as the forums
around are somehow predestined. Another thing you could do is to make a
"here is a survey - take part of it"-Popup on the typo3.org-page as well
as on the bugtracker.

For the simple editors I have two possibilities in mind:

One is to just take people that are completely beginners, have never
worked with typo3 before - so one could see how self-explanatory the
system and editing is (especially when it comes to RTE and FE Editing).
You can get these people nearly everywhere and with nearly every
background (your friend, wife / husband, mother, daughter etc).

If you want to get to editors that have already worked with the system I
think the idea to connect the companys to ask for protocolling the
behaviour of their customers (or for asking them to take part in the
survey) is a very good one, because you don't find these editors on the
lists.

I hope this helps a little.

Regards,
Susanne