[TYPO3-hci] automatic update extension

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Thu Jun 1 22:07:14 CEST 2006

Hi!
It would be very useful, if there would be an extension for TYPO3, that
enables you to update extensions and the TYPO3 core automaticly, IF
- the files that need to be updated were not changed and are original
- the update is supposed, because of security
- the update is stated as stable
- the siteadmin agrees to this via install tool
- the update does not change files in any way, that would make the
system infunctional afterwards (see point 1 and 3)

I think something like this would be perfect for many site admins,
because they do not have to worry, if they are responsible for their
server and forget or don't have the time to install critical bugfixes
themselves.

What do you think? I think something like this would be nice for 5.0..
maybe 4.5? ;)

Greetings
Andreas

P.S.: Do not say, that this would crash your TYPO3 installation..
Microsoft is doing this with Windows too.. Hm.. Ok.. Not so good example ;)