[TYPO3-hci] devilish details - improvement suggestions

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Thu Jun 1 18:40:49 CEST 2006

Hi there,

for 4.5 there could be nice improvements if some of the defaults would
be different.
This is just a small example list of "tiny things" that could be
different - feel free to add your suggestions to this list.

i put this here because such small things take the most time for me -
and still do after 4 years of using typo3.

TS
- no page targets like PAGE_TARGET = xy - should not be necessary. There
are many places where default content elements have strange targets,
that bloats the code.
- no default blurlink() outputted - not necessary for most projects
- no default doctype, does not hurt if not present and can be set
manually very easy
- in general - no default output except the typo3 message in the header

TEMPLATE
move setup field above constants - i guess 95% of the people use this
field more often.

EXTENSIONS
remove the wrapped div of extensions by default. I had many cases where
this breaked my code and added unnecessary complexity. Well done
extensions and templates (and thats what we want, do we?) don´t need
fancy default styles. Most things can be easily done with a well made
"masterstylesheet".

RTE
if RTE edit in HTML mode nothing of the output should be touched (except
filtering <script> maybe).

For 5.0:
A system that "feels" css 2.0 XHTML. Right now Typo3 still shows
everywhere that its roots are html 4.0 with its disadvantages.

- Johannes