[TYPO3-hci] Drag and Drop

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 1 14:22:58 CEST 2006

Lars Thalheim schrieb:
> I would rather prefer not to include the extension into the core. Keep the
> core as small as possible.
>
> Personally I don't like the drag'n'drop feature. One reason is, some of my
> clients don't use a mouse but a pen tablet as pointing device. I really
> don't like it to sort pages over and over again, because someone moved a
> page by misspointing and dragging by accident.
>
> So in conclusion I would rather prefer a small (fast) Typo3 code over a
> drag'n'drop feature, which I disable anyways.

I reckon only 0.01% of all users use a pen.

And did you ever move a page by dragging it? If you had you would know that
you get a little menu at the end of the drag (move/copy in/after).

So +1 for adding drag'n'drop and +1 for making it default and +1 for adding
a *USER* TS for disabling it. Though pen or not, I really don't see why I
should disable it. GUIs have drag'n'drop for a very long time. Users know
the concept and have even asked for it in TYPO3!

Masi