[TYPO3-hci] Typoscript "Code-Editor"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jul 19 11:40:29 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft schrieb am 19.07.2006 11:05:

>> I think this is what the "CONSTANT EDITOR" is about. In my opinion, this
>> is what has to be considered in its usability: Adding more possibilities
>> and flexibility to the constant editor and integrating extensions like
>> constant_editor (to allow non-admin access to certain properties).
>
> Pherhpas it would be enough to add "Tabs" to the constant editor in addition
> to let the user select which extension he wants to configure.
>
> the constants get read out of ext_typoscript_constants.php and we would just
> have to add another "key" for setting the tab they appear in.

I think its not just a matter of having tabs (which I think would help
already!). Other things that pop into my mind:

- have a page-browser for selecting page-ids when the property expects a
page-id
- have a file-browser to choose a file from fileadmin for properties of
the type "file" (you currently can only upload a "new" file, which is
kind of ugly!)
- more flexible "categories" to group related properties
- some kind of standardized (and documented!) way to configure global
stuff that every extension might need to access

I've added those stuff in the wiki [1] so that they get not lost.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1]
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Usability_No-brainers#Configuration_.28developers.29