[TYPO3-hci] Typoscript "Code-Editor"

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 10 09:55:39 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>

>>Anyway, the XML that describes the TSobjects doesn't exist.  Essentially
>>this could be available in the future because I think  that improved
>>usability for TypoScript requires something before an  editor and an
>>IDE: Namely a way to _semantically check_ that a piece  of TypoScript
>>makes sense, doesn't have wrong or misspelled  properties etc. This
>>might require a tweak or two to TypoScript  itself, but the result would
>>be that _all_ TypoScript configuration  could be validated, it could all
>>be written through something like  the current Object Browser - or more
>>modern with an IDE like yours.  And it would be self-documenting and
>>TSref would be history.
>>
>>My slogan for this thought is: "Kill the references!"
>>
>>TYPO3 should be highly configurable as it is today but not a single
>>reference document should be needed because the system always knows
>>internally what options are available and in which context they can  be
>>used.
>
> Hello Kasper,
>
> May you tell us "what" this little tweak would be to let TypoScript print out it's
> own Syntax tree ?

The idea is I think to describe TS itself in XML (eg Schema or Relax NG, or
*sigh* again something homebrewn).

I think this can be done straightforward except for some issues:

* Numeric array properties on the same level as other properies.

x = COA
x.wrap = foo | bar
x.10 = FOOBAR

Isn't that clean and could be a problem. Should probably be

x = COA
x.wrap = foo | bar
x.data.10 = FOOBAR

* HTML vs TEXT

Even worse is the "top-level" stdWrap

* Ambiguities in names.

The GIFBUILDER has some child objects that have the same name as other
objects (eg TEXT).

But I think this is it. If you change this you have a nice XML desription
of current and future objects.

Problem is that it is incompatible. Changing all x.10 to x.data.10 make me
shudder.

Masi