[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 Template Code feature wish

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jul 8 13:54:58 CEST 2006

Andreas Balzer wrote:

> Any by the way: it would be nice, if something like your codethingy
> could become standard in TYPO3..

1. Install a plain dummy package of newest TYPO3.
2. Modify the static-templates of "CSS styled content" or "content(default)"
   whichever you use to contain the "lib.htmlln = TEXT ..." code part.
3. Make other settings which you would like to be the default ....
4. Make a zip/tar.gz out of the dummy directory again.
5. Voila. You have your own "custom" version of TYPO3 with the appropriate settings

I think TYPO3 can't cope with the need and specific preferences of everyone.

I for example like the follwoing syntax most if I "want" to put it on multiple lines:

lib.bla.value (
)

But most of the times I do not write "complete" html into TS. Before I start to make
"real" HTML in my TS - which means more than two tags after each other - I switch over
to using a TEMPLATE cObj like:

# Header:
page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10 {
  template = FILE
  template.file = fileadmin/templates/header.html
  workOnSubpart = TEMPLATE_HEADER
  marks.WHATEVER = TEXT
  marks.WHATEVER.value = Only Text content
}

page.20 = TEMPLATE
page.20 ...

but I know this won't help you when you have an already fully set up page - never touch
a running system :)

greets,
Bernhard