[TYPO3-hci] files_with_pages backend extension

Tom Walter t3 at wnets.de
Wed Aug 23 22:26:04 CEST 2006

Mark Stephenson wrote:

> As a reminder, I think placing files in with pages would improve
> usability. But some of the other points made here were more critical to
> improving usability. The only reason for addressing this one is that it
> seems as though there might be a relatively straight forward solution.

I am personally not sure if this would improve Usability that much, that it
is worth the change.
Even Windows-Users might be used to store Files in different directories and
views. So switching from one view to another when working with webpages and
files ist IMHO not a too-difficult concept for users.

Besides the nice features DAM or even the old file module offers (such as
clipboard, "easy-edit" or display of file size and date) would make the
page view even more complex and hard to use.

Besides Typo3 I am working with at least three different Web-CMS which all
have the concept of storing Media-Objects in a central place.

However I can confirm that also in our situation most files are not used
more than once. (But some however are and they are better handled in a
central place).

Tom