[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Christopher bedlamhotelnospam at gnospammail.com
Thu Aug 3 19:07:30 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

<snip>

> I'm really disappointed. Where can I find all this information?

Well you're disappointed. We /have/ been telling you since the beginning
of this thread that TYPO3 should be suitably *configured* for whatever
job it's going to be used for.

> Which
> plugins should be installed, so TYPO3 gets usable?

Well, again, TYPO3 is a /general purpose/ tool that can be adapted to
many different tasks.

You're wandering into a library and asking why the
philosophy/biology/economics/computer science books aren't easier to
find than the others, and even though they're all equally easy to find,
some of them are naturally going to be closer to the front door than
others...

> It seems you all install ten plugins and everything is okay. Why
> doesn't TYPO3 come with those enabled, by default? Aren't there a few
> very common plugins?

Again: these things change from job to job. Not much reason to add a
bunch of pre-configured stuff for project one if you just have to turn
off/remove it for project two.

As mentioned though, if you do have a strong vision of what would make a
  really excellent TYPO3 package, with many setting preconfigured and
extensions preinstalled, go for it--it's a fine idea.

-Christopher