[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Waldemar Kornewald wkornew at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 17:55:35 CEST 2006

On 8/1/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> > hidden page which acts like a folder. In many cases your file/image
> > will actually appear on some page and it's more intuitive to put
> > related files and pages together.
>
> *impossible task*. It is completely impossible to put relatated files
> and pages together because you refer images and files just putting raw
> html. That doesn't create any database relations between files and
> web-pages.
> You can get relation info only from those files, which are linked with
> certain way to  web pages - but just some files could be listed.

I'm saying that the CMS should recognize which files are related to
some page. I'm just saying that as the end-user you should store files
in the related page instead of some totally different location which
has nothing to do with the page (i.e.: the file browser has nothing to
do with your page).

> > which could easily be unified. Every new concepts means that you have
> > to learn it. Why don't you try to reduce the number of concepts?
>
> file browser is not a new concept - just a certain kind of file browser.

Which I think is not appropriate for a CMS.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald