[TYPO3-ect] Ideas to clean up TER

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Mon Feb 13 07:17:09 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

thanks for your ideas and feedback on this topic. I share the thoughts
of "hiding" outdated extensions in the extension manager and the TER
online search at the same time. However it might make sense to have an
additional search for those with a big red warning which states that
these extensions are not maintained by the original author and the
security team anymore.

What we need to continue:

1) News article to announce the whole procedure with a detailed
explanation of why this happens, what the consequences will be and how
to circumvent a extension gets "invalid"
2) Write to extension authors directly (use the email address in
ext_emconf.php) and/or the mail address of the key owner - this way we
can check if these addresses are still valid
3) modify the ter_fe extension to support outdated extensions - there's
something going on for the typo3.org relaunch - however I could not find
the accordant project on forge.typo3.org - might be that one:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-terfe (ter_fe2 branch)
4) "connector" to current TYPO3 version needs to be integrated (to find
out automatically when a version is considered as outdated)