[TYPO3-ect] Evaluation: Which JS library to recommend?

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Mon Oct 29 09:49:48 CET 2007

Hello all,

Recently, I found this link by John Resig. This is an overview on
different javascript frameworks :

http://ejohn.org/blog/javascript-library-overview/

For me, the choice of a javascript library depends of the needs. In my
development, I mostly need Ajax - Dom manipulation - and some little
DHTML effect. JQuery is a good candidate for me : it is a light library,
extensible with a lot of plugins, the necessary code is short to write.
Other people call this : "a light foot print"

I would notice one nice features that always use : the possibility to
"encapsulate" the code in order to avoid conflict with other libraries.
JQuery can cohabitate with a YUI or a Prototype without trouble in a
frontend plugin.

kind regards,

Fabien