[TYPO3-ect] Moving rtp_smarty to smarty?

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:41:29 CEST 2007

Simon Tuck wrote:

> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>>
>> if the author never answers and the extension is obviously outdated, we
>> have reasons and options to take over.
>>
> Hi Elmar,
> Daniel already asked to move rtp_smarty to lib__smarty. Ok for me. Which
> is preferred lib__smarty or smarty?
> Cheers,
> Simon

Hello Simon,

as you ship the smarty library inside the extension (is there also a pear
channel for smarty?), I would suggest "smarty" for the mere library itself.
It should be generally useful, independent from lib/div or cool.

"lib__smarty" would contain connector stuff to make it work with lib/div.
"cool__smarty" would contain connector stuff to make it work with Cool.

If you want to do the migration, I would try to reach the old maintainer
of "smarty" a last time and then transfer the smarty extension key to you
for future maintainance of the smarty extension.

Regards

Elmar