[TYPO3-ect] Again: Forms library

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Tue Oct 23 10:15:55 CEST 2007

Hi Elmar,

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> I must have missed the many impressive ones. Could you name some keys that
> provide a full functional form library apart from formidable?
well there's formidable of course and then i also tried the sg zfelib
extension. most of these tool are complete solutions, so impressive in
terms of shear scope as well. And I'm sure at one time or another I've
heard that x is developing the perfect solution...

>> always been that they are locked into TYPO3 (with all it's quirks) and
>> (due to the nature of the problem) very complex. Whereas pear projects
>
> If complexity is bigger than writing PHP/HTML directly they are no a
> solution.
The forms library should be a toolset for developers not a full blown
solution.

>> My problem therefore was how to best integrate qf with TYPO3. As
>> mentioned I decided it would be nice to be able to reuse the TCA array:
>> interpret the TCA for a given table and translate this to quickform.
>> additional TS mimics TCA (so configurations are merged).
>
> In cool there will be an object to access TCA finetuned by TS. It's called
> TCAplus in the draft. That would match well.
That's exactly what I need

>> The main problem I encountered was that the TS configuration becomes
>> unwieldly and is not very readable. It's nice to be able to use the TCA
>
> It quickly can take up a big part of the TS tree. You could keep it out from
> the tree, still using the TS compiler and a highliting editor.
Probably be a good idea to have the ability create individual TS files
per form, just to keep it manageable.

>> The obsolete one :-) I haven't tried qf2 yet. According to the project
>> page qf2 should be backwards compatible.
>>

>> As I said, I'd like to help find a practicable solution for this issue
>> and I'm certainly be interested in taking the discussion further...
>> Cheers,
>> Simon
>
> In a week or two cool will be at a point that, the TCAplus object is
> availble. You could check it out how it works with your approach. If it
> works I guess it only will need a small addon extension to connect it all.
> Maybe it just needs some documentation or a small demo extension to run the
> concept.
Sounds good, I look forward to giving it a spin..
Have you planned a ts parsing library as well? standard stuff like
tsmerge, getvalue, setvalue and getting ts objects from the global tmpl
object?

Cheers,
Simon