[TYPO3-ect] new version of smartyView

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Mon Oct 22 14:00:26 CEST 2007

ries van Twisk wrote:
> Hey Simon,
>
> I have been using functions a lot for the reason
> that it was more extendible for me..
>
> This was particular the case when rendering images,
> I simply gave the TS name of the image rendering object.
> And I could generated images from smarty whenever
> I needed it in any configuration.
>
> I did the same for links aswell to give it a proper alt/title tag
> on demand.
>
> Can I do the same for 'your' method?
>
> For example
>
> {link open="blank"}Some link ID??{link}
>
> Ries

Hi Ries,
Well you can do both really, I mean there's no reason why you shouldn't
be able to use PHP in Smarty template. But, yes, you can use the plugins
I've prepared for the same functionality. The approach I chose is to use
the same paramters as you'd use in typoscript, so your link example
could look like this:

{link parameter="29 _blank class-name"}label{/link}

or this:

{link parameter="29 useCacheHash="1"}label{/link}

etc...

The image plugin works in exactly the same manner:

{image file="fileadmin/img.gif" file.width="150"}

Cheers,
Simon