[TYPO3-ect] new version of smartyView

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Mon Oct 22 13:40:41 CEST 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> i didn't examined the new version of rpt_smarty yet.
> If path is set in controller this function is not needed, but what happens
> if not? the idea was in general to set, but you're right, settings should be
> done in controller.
There are numerous ways to set the template path, I've described a few
in the rtp_smarty documentation. I guess as things progress we should
start building up an FAQ to answer common questions like that.

> I also prefer the smarty tags - remember that the smartyView was a very
> basic class to get a start.
OK, I haven't really detailed the approach I've implemented for creating
  TYPO3 plugins, nor have I documented all of the plugins I included,
but the approach is consistent and extendable. I will try and write
something about this in the documentation when I get the time.

> I will look to your extension to see how you did the job ;-)
I have just uploaded an extension rtp_delicious to the ter which uses
lib/div/rtp_smarty. You could check this out for a working example.

Cheers,
Simon