[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 10 15:37:54 CEST 2007

Hi Mads,

>> If you wanna have a look:
>> http://projects.elements-net.de/T3X_user_rating-2_0_1-z.t3x
>>
>> I'm not sure if I added a little TS help or not - it's been a while
>> (about one years or longer). Probably the code quality isn't the best
>> either, as it was one of my first TYPO3 things.
>>

> But the MM-relations you are using in this extension only works in the
> frontend, right? I mean you can't see the ratings for a table in a
> normal backend form ... or? Just trying to figure out if this can be
> used in my case.

Yes, you're right - in this case it's a FE only thing. To the time I
coded this my TYPO3 knowledge wasn't very good, so I didn't even try to
show that stuff in BE. I just posted it, because Steffen asked.

Now my TYPO3 knowledge has grown a lot - but the BE is still something I
try to avoid (don't know why). But I think the ratings could be shown
inside the related records by a custom field with a user-function or so
- shouldn't be that difficult. Providing a nice management-module might
be a different task.

Maybe it was a mistake to post it, because I fear the code quality is a
shame for me. Probably should have checked before ;)
It's mostly a quick'n'dirty 'hack' of tt_rating to do what I wanted.

--
Greetings,
Franz