[TYPO3-ect] taxonomies / categories in TYPO3

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Wed Oct 10 14:48:26 CEST 2007

Hi Franz

Franz Koch wrote:

> I would also appreciate if the extension would work 'standalone', so
> that no other db table would have to be altered. I mean - the relations
> are stored in the mm-table anyway, so there is not really a need for a
> 'empty' db-field on every table that should be categorized. But I'm not
> sure if the TCA can show not existing db-fields in TCEforms.

I agree...

I'm quite sure that t3lib_tceforms can display non-existing fields in
BE-forms. BUT I think the tcemain will complain if trying to write to a
field which does not exist. When using MM-relations in select-fields,
the tcemain will store the number of relations in the field (as an
integer). How to circumvent that? Hmm... I may need some help here :-)

Best regards

Mads Brunn