[TYPO3-ect] lib/div: Problems with using controller as sub-controller

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:51:09 CEST 2007

> Now it works, but only because the two configurations are the same. If
> I'd called the controller from another controller in another plugin, it
> wouldn't work.
>
> Is there a function so get the configuration for a certain plugin or is
> it given by the core, when the plugin is called as a page content?
>
> I think for versatile usage it would be great to have such a
> subcontroller concept, perhaps, we could do something like a
> subcontroller factory, that sets the context for the controller if
> instantiated in the way I use it.

There will be a something like this in the beta branch (Cool). For now it's
up to the programmer to feed the appropriate configuration.

> Or is there a completely different approach to solve this problem, which
> I'm not getting yet?

Your approach to use a common configuration is OK and easy to configure for
the admin. Alternatively you could think of a neseted configuration for
such a nested uasage. Cool will just ship a pointer to the configuration of
each controller instead of the whole setup itself.

Regards

Elmar